- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 ounces Brie, rind removed (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
In a medium saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and celery, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in apples and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer about 10 minutes or until apples are very tender.
Transfer apple mixture to a blender. Add Brie and salt, and purée.
Return soup to the saucepot and heat over medium heat until hot. Serve garnished with thyme.