- 1 c. wild rice
- 2 Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 lemons
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into long 1/2″-thick strips
- extra-virgin olive oil
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- sea salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside. Cut remaining lemons in half.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss chicken with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle rosemary-lemon seasoning evenly all over; massage into chicken. Thread chicken onto skewers.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Place chicken and lemons cut side down on the grill. Grill lemons until caramelized and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes. Cook chicken until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep flipping every 2 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer to a clean plate and cover loosely with foil.
- Serve skewers over bed of wild rice with grilled lemons. For extra flavor, top with zest of grilled lemons, chopped fresh rosemary, and sprinkle of sea salt.