- kosher salt
- 1 lb. Lasagne
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 c. chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 c. pico de gallo salsa, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook lasagne according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, drizzle olive oil and cook garlic and onions about 2 minutes. Stir in cumin, jalapeños and add beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in crushed tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Mix in cilantro.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together Mexican blend and mozzarella cheese; set aside. In a rimmed half-sheet pan, spread a thin layer of meat sauce. Place lasagne noodles in an even layer on top, spread with meat sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat with second layer of noodles, covering noodles to the edges with remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining cheese. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Top with pico de gallo salsa and cilantro. Serve immediately.