- 1 lb. rigatoni
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. diced onions
- 1 tbsp. Cajun spice mix
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. peas
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
- 1 c. shredded cheddar, plus more for serving
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile in a skillet over medium, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil; cook garlic and onions, stirring with a wooden spoon until softened, 2 minutes. Season with Cajun spice, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add white wine and stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes. Add cream, peas, and chicken and simmer until chicken is warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn off heat and add pasta to sauce. Stir in butter, parsley, and cheddar cheese. Slowly add reserved pasta water as needed if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve in skillet or transfer to serving platter. Top with more grated cheese.