- 1 lb. ground turkey
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar (4 oz)
- 4 potato buns, split
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- Potato chips, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season turkey with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then form into 4 patties. Grill, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 160º F, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Top each patty with a slice of Cheddar and cook, covered, until melted, 1 minute. Grill buns until toasted, about 30 seconds per side.
- Spread avocado on bottom half of each bun. Top with pickle slices and burgers, dividing evenly. Serve with potato chips.