- 175 g Cadbury Bournville
- 40 g Cadbury Bournville cocoa
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour
- 50 g chopped walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 ⁰C, gas mark 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, pour over the chocolate mixture and fold in.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in the nuts. Pour into the prepared tin, making sure it goes right into the corners and bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be crusty with a slight wobble underneath.
- Cool completely in the tin (can refrigerate overnight which aids cutting) and then cut into squares or triangles.