- 12 rasher of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- a few sprigs of fresh woody herbs, such as sage, thyme, rosemary
- 12 good-quality chipolata sausages
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Working one at a time, lay the bacon out on a board and run the sharp side of your knife along the length of the rasher to stretch it out – this will make it even crispier.
- Dot with a few herb leaves, then place a sausage at one end and roll the bacon around it until it’s totally wrapped up. Place in a roasting tray and repeat till they’re all done.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until golden, gnarly and cooked through.
- Using a fish slice, scrape the pigs in blankets from the bottom of the tray, leaving them in there, then add the Worcestershire sauce and give it a good shake, scraping all that sticky goodness from the bottom of the tray.
- Drizzle in the honey then place on a medium heat on the hob and bring to the boil until caramelised, shaking continuously to coat. Serve immediately.