– 325g Unsalted Butter/Stork
– 325g Caster Sugar
– 325g Eggs (Roughly 6 Large Eggs)
– 325g Self Raising Flour
– 1tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
– 2 tbsp whole milk
– 125g Unsalted Butter, softened
– 225g Icing Sugar
– 25g Cocoa Powder
– 1-3 tbsp whole milk (if needed)
– 150g Melted Milk Chocolate
1) For the cake – Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan and lightly grease your silicone giant donut mould.
2) In your stand mixer, with the scraper/paddle attachment, beat together the butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, flour, and vanilla and beat again briefly till all of the cake ingredients make a soft cake batter. Loosen the mixture slightly with the Milk!
3) Divide the mixture between the two halves of the mould and smooth it over – bake for 25 minutes until the cake is golden and when the cake springs back (skewer should also come out clean) – Leave the cakes to cool fully in the moulds (I recommend baking them onto a wired tray/the bake shelf, as you want the heat to get to the middle of the cakes)
4) For the buttercream – Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is smooth and loose and then beat in the icing sugar gradually. Add in the cocoa powder and the milk and beat again till smooth and fluffy. Turn one of the cakes out of the mould (so that if you sandwiched them together, the bigger sides are in the middle) and pipe/slather the buttercream onto it. Turn the other cake onto the top of that one, so you have a giant donut shape.
5) Melt the Milk Chocolate and cover the top of it, like a regular donut looks like, and sprinkle on some cute looking sprinkles! Leave the chocolate to set, and enjoy!